By putting some thought into the way you care for your clothes, you will keep them looking great and lasting longer.
Here are some guidelines for garment care:
- Hand wash is recommended.
- Machine wash with delicate cycle, at temperature 30°C.
- Place delicate garments with lace or embellishments in a laundry bag.
- Use a mild detergent.
- Avoid using any kind of bleach.
- Wash with similar colors.
- Wash dark clothing inside-out to prevent color from fading.
- Deal with stained garments as soon as possible. Stains left unattended for a week or more become progressively harder to remove.
- When washing a new garment in strong colors for the first time, do not mix with the lighter colors to prevent color bleeding.
- Avoid tumble drying.
- Iron with care.
Special care for color-block clothing:
- Always wash in cold water.
- Hand wash is strongly recommended especially for the first few washes.
- Do not soak.
- Dry the clothes as soon as possible.
Tips: Pop one cup of vinegar into your normal wash in the fabric softener compartment. This can help prevent bleeding as well as treating other stains and won’t leave any odors on your clothes.
How to care for different types of fabrics